Admission to Reach Up Nursery
- Reach Up Nursery is a publicly funded private nursery affiliated to Reach Academy Feltham. Admission to Reach Up Nursery does not guarantee a place in Reception in Reach Academy Feltham the following year.
- The Nursery intends to admit up to 60 pupils to the class in the school year which begins in September, 2014.
- Applications are invited for September 2015 from families whose child attains 3 years of age between the 1st September 2014 and 31st August 2015.
- In the event that the Reach Up Nursery has received more applications than there are places on the stated closing date and after the admission of pupils with Statements of Special Educational Needs where the Nursery is named in the Statement, the following over subscription criteria will be applied.
- Children in public care.
- Up to 27% of places (16 out of 60 places) will be allocated to pupils eligible for the pupil premium at the time of application. If we receive applications that meet this criteria from more than 27% of places available, then places will be allocated in line with the over-subscription criteria set out below.
- Medical/Social: Children whose acute, established and documented medical or social needs justify a place at the school.
- Siblings: Applicants who will have a sibling attending Reach Academy Feltham at the time of admission.
- Any other children.
In the event that any applicants have equal rights to a place under any of the criteria above, priority will be given to the pupil who lives closest to the school. Where two applicants live an equal distances from the school, the place will be allocated by drawing lots in the presence of an independent witness.
The Nursery will maintain a waiting list for applicants who are unsuccessful in obtaining a place in Nursery for at least one term in the academic year of admission. The criteria for selecting applicants set out above will apply in choosing children on the waiting list to fill vacant places. Should a child join the waiting list after places have been allocated, he or she will be placed on the waiting list in the order determined by the application of the published admission criteria. This means that place of a child on the waiting list may change if a child with higher priority by the application of the selection criteria joins the list.
Pupils may apply at any time to join the Nursery in-year. Applicants must complete the application form and submit it to the Nursery. Applications are considered in accordance with the criteria outlined above. When a space arises in-year the school will contact the applicant at the top of the waiting list and inform them. The Nursery will also contact the applicant and arrange a meeting.
Where there are no spaces available for in-year transfer the waiting list will be held as outlined above.
Review and Monitoring
This policy will be monitored throughout the year and a review will take place following the completion of each admissions process. The policy will be reviewed annually and updated as necessary.