Reach Academy Feltham was founded in 2012 by Ed Vainker, Rebecca Cramer and Jon McIntosh with a team of committed governors and teachers. The school’s vision is to transform the lives of all of its pupils by giving them the skills, attitudes and academic qualifications to flourish in any career and live happy and healthy lives.
Reach Academy Feltham has 5 distinctive features which make it unique.
|All-through||teaching pupils from Nursery all the way through to Year 13.|
|Small school||being small, with only 60 pupils in each year, ensuring strong personal relationships and high levels of personalisation.|
|High aspirations||every pupil working towards top grades and the opportunity to succeed at a top university.|
|Excellent teaching||committed teachers doing their utmost to ensure that pupils realise their potential.|
|High expectations||expecting all pupils to work hard and be respectful of others at all times.|
We are a small school with personal relationships, flexibility and the children at the heart of everything that we do. We arrange the school day and timetable to ensure that pupils and their teachers can form excellent relationships. We organise the school systems, rewards and sanctions so that pupils can experience consistency of approach across the school.
We invest heavily in training in attachment theory and describe ourselves as an ‘attachment-aware school’. Staff are calm, supportive and boundaried. They embody warmth and strictness with pupils.
During the school day we work to minimise distractions (e.g. pupils are not allowed to use mobile phones in school) and maximise joy and learning through engaging and interactive learning and extra-curricular opportunities.
We employ staff and external services specifically to support pupil, parent and staff mental health and physical well-being and know that healthy lifestyles and clear expectations around food, exercise and routines such as sleep, will ensure excellent learning for the children. We work with families to promote these things.
We have 5 values which underpin all aspects of our PSHE (Team Reach) learning, staff performance management and pupil learning.
- I stop and think so that I make good choices.
- I am proud when my community and I do things well.
- I always look for ways to improve things within my sphere of influence.
- I always work hard to achieve mastery in my learning.
- I am a problem solver.
- I am great team-mate because I consider others.
- I make and follow through plans to do amazing things.
- I believe in myself.
- I actively pursue big dreams for the future
- I am not afraid to make mistakes or take risks.
- I take on challenges and never give up.
- I know how I feel and I can tell someone about it.
- I find learning new things fun.
- I am kind and grateful to others.
- I am a good friend to everyone.