WE HAVE AN OPEN MEETING COMING UP ON THE 27TH MARCH AT 9AM AND 6PM. COME AND VISIT.
Reach Up Nursery opened in the Autumn 2014 and is part of Reach Academy Feltham. The nursery has its own purpose-built building and outdoor learning area on the school site and has easy access to the school farm and Forest School.
From 2017 significant changes are coming to Nursery provision across England. All 3 and 4 year olds will be able to access the universal 15 hours as they have for many years, but some families will be able to access an additional 15 hours if their parent(s) meet the proposed eligibility criteria.
In 2017-18, Reach Up Nursery will offer places as follows:
- 26 places for children who are eligible for a total of 30 hours (for eligibility see below), with the day running from 8.30-11.30 and 12.15-3.15 (parents will be able to have children stay for lunch for a charge, see below);
- 52 places for children who are eligible for the 15 hours (26 in the morning – 8.30-11.30; and 26 afternoon – 12.15-3.15);
- 8 places for parents of 2 year olds eligible for 15 hours of government funding (morning and afternoon as above).
In addition to this, if there is sufficient demand, parents will be able to pay for wrap-around care including a Breakfast Club, Lunch-time Club and After School Club. These will be charged at a competitive rate, provisionally £4.60 for Breakfast Club (7.30-8.30), £5.00 for Lunch-time (11.30-12.15) and £13 for After School Club (3.15-6.00).
If there is interest from parents, we will also offer places in the Nursery during the school holiday.
All 3 and 4 year olds are eligible for the Universal 15 hours.
To be eligible to receive the additional 15 hours:
- both parents/carers resident in a household (or sole parent in a single parent household) will need to be currently working with each earning at least the equivalent of 16 hours work per week at the minimum wage. From April 2017 this will be £120.00 for over 25 year olds (which equates to £6,240 per year) and under £100,000 per year total income
- where parents are self-employed or on a zero or variable hours contract average earnings will be assessed. Where one parent is in receipt of benefits relating to a significant caring role or DLA and the other parent works the family will also be eligible if work earnings fall within the range.
Parents who think they might be eligible for a government funded place for their two year old should contact us.
Our aim is that every pupil leaves the Reach Up Nursery ready to start school. We aspire to every pupil being a confident speaker, both with peers and adults, able to build strong relationships, with developed movement and an ability to take care of herself. We foster a curiosity about the world, and enthusiasm for finding out new things and a love of books and reading.
The structure and curriculum of the Nursery builds on Reach Academy’s excellent Reception offering, using the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework to provide a high quality, balanced offer, delivered by a qualified teacher and enthusiastic staff.
Features of Reach Up Nursery include:
- A caring, nurturing environment where every pupils feels safe and secure;
- A balance of independent activities that pupils can choose, alongside semi-structured small group teaching in Literacy, Maths and Topic;
- A range of exciting and stimulating activities that promote pupils acquiring a range of knowledge and skills which are always developing pupils speaking and listening skills;
- The highest expectations for pupils’ development and accomplishment over the course of their time at the Nursery; and
- Dedicated outside space with opportunities to move freely in and out.
Interested parents are welcome to visit Reach Academy’s Reception class to get a flavour of what Reach Up Nursery will be like. Please contact Reach Academy Feltham on email@example.com or 020 8893 1099 to arrange an appointment.
Places for Autumn 2017 places will be offered to children who turn 3 between 1st September 2016 and 31st August 2017. Download application form here and the supplementary form here.
Read admissions policy here.
Securing a place at Reach Up Nursery does not guarantee your child a place in Reception at Reach Academy Feltham. You will need to apply for a Reception place the following year.